The Choir Committee (comprising parents of past and current choristers) addresses all of the operational activities including: purchasing, fundraising, and management of performances, choir camps and tours.
The Choir Committee includes:
- Other specific appointments such as Treasurer and General Committee Members
The Music Leadership is under the directorship of Lynnette Richardson whom is responsible for the repertoire, music staffing and feedback to the Choir Committee.
Back to top | Home
- excellence in choral education and performance
- provision of unique performance opportunities
- contribution to character development
- our first concern is chorister well-being
- safety and care:
- no bullying
- working with children checks
- duty of care policy
- adequate supervisor / child ratio
- respect for each individual
- traditional courtesy
Music comes from:
- a wide range of composers
- different periods in time
- different languages
- different cultures
- multipart works as well as one part (solo) works
Apart from a first class choral education, our choristers are encouraged to:
- learn the value of teamwork
- develop confidence
- develop strong social skills
- develop a high sense of self worth
- develop improved concentration
- strive for the multiple leadership opportunities within the Victorian Boys Choir and Victorian Girls Choir.
CostsAs a parent managed not for profit organistion:
- Rehearsal costs are kept to a minimum as we are aware of families financial stresses.
- Performance uniforms are loaned on a refundable bond paid at the start of a childs time with Choir Victoria.
- Rehearsal Uniform (Polo shirt, jumper and tacksuit pants) have to be purchased but prices are kept to the minimum.
- We have fully qualified staff and clean and safe premises.
- Camps for Intrada's and Cadenza's incur an additional payment with discounts available to parents with two or more children in the Choir.
Back to top | Home